What are cookies? Cookies are small, simple text files that are stored by your computer or mobile device when using our website.
What other techniques are there?
- Surfing through our website becomes more fun and easier;
- You do not enter or receive the same information when visiting our website;
- We can offer you special functions such as your shopping basket;
- We can measure how our website is used and how we can improve it;
- We can show you ads and recommendations based on your interests;
- We can recognize which browser you use when you visit us;
- We can record (or have recorded) how often an ad is shown in order to to better match the ads with your needs and interests and to prevent that the same ads pop up.
Which cookies do we use?
Functional or essential cookies
Functional or essential cookies help to maintain the functionality of the website. For example:
- The performances you add to your shopping basket are remembered and saved;
- Reporting an uncompleted order so you don't lose your products in the shopping basket;
- Your browser settings are saved so you can optimally view our website on your screen;
- The ability to store your login credentials so you don't have to enter these every time;
- Detecting possible abuse or potential problems on our website, for example by registering consecutive failed login attempts.
- Analytical cookies
We use analytical cookies (Google Analytics, Hotjar) to investigate website usage. For example these statistics give us insight into how often the website is visited and where we can improve our websites. This way we ensure that the experience with our websites is constantly optimized. Among others the following data is stored:
- The IP address, which is made anonymous;
- Technical features such as the browser you're using (such as Chrome, Internet Explorer, or Firefox) and your computer screen resolution and which device you use;
- A record of the number of visitors to our websites;
- The page from which you've reached the website;
- The time and duration of your visit or use the website;
- The functions of the website you use, for example, placing an order or viewing previous purchases.
- The pages you visit on our website, We use for example cookies in order to determine the order in which a visitor visits the different pages of our websites.
- Third-party social media cookies
Social media cookies are posted by the social media websites themselves. When you like or share a YouTube video on our website, a social media cookie is posted. The social media party will recognize your IP address. For the cookies that the social media parties place and the data they collect we refer to the cookie statements on the websites of these parties. The privacy and cookie statements of various social media can be found on: Facebook, Google+ / YouTube, LinkedIn, Twitter and Instagram.
- Advertising cookies
We place advertising cookies on our website. In addition, we allow third parties to place advertising cookies on our websites. We also place advertising cookies on third-party websites. We can combine the information from these advertising cookies. We do this in order to make personalized offers, based on your online browsing, search and buying behaviour. We also keep track of which ads you've seen with these ad cookies.
The advertising cookies allow us:
- To record which ads you've already seen;
- To track how many times you've seen an ad;
- To prevent you from seeing the same ad over and over again;
- To track if you click on the ads;
- To track whether you place orders after you see or click on an ad;
- To combine the data of your online browsing, search and buying habits regardless of which device you use;
- By combining these characteristics, we can identify your ad interest and tailor the ads we show you accordingly.
Ad networks and media agencies act as intermediaries for websites and advertisers. The advertising cookies of these parties allow our advertising partners to combine your preferences at Stadsschouwburg Utrecht with information they collect when you visit other websites.
For the cookies that these parties place for advertising purposes, please refer to the privacy and cookie statements on the websites of these parties. Because these statements may change regularly, we advise you to regularly consult these privacy and cookie statements. The following parties can place cookies on our website: Google, Facebook and Twitter.
Recommendations, preferences and interest cookies
We have such an extensive variety of performances and activities that we're happy to get you started. For example by pointing out performances that are interesting for you based, for example, on your previous visits to our website. We look at cookies, your IP address, your previous purchases and the interests that you shared with us. The recommendations and interest cookies allow us to check whether you have seen certain performances, clicked on them and whether you have then purchased tickets. We combine this information to get insight into your interests and preferences in order to adapt the website to you.
The interest cookies allow us:
- To combine data about your online browsing, search, and buying behaviour no matter with which device you visit the online store;
- To identify your preferences and interests in order to customize offers and recommendations accordingly;
- To show you recommendations through our websites based on your interests and the combination of your browsing, search and buying behaviour;
- To show targeted offers and recommendations based on your browsing behaviour on third-party websites.
Customizing browser settings
Deleting cookies in Microsoft Edge:
Click the Menu icon (icon with 3 lines) at the top right. Click on the icon of the clock, this is the tab “History”. Click “Delete all history”. Now you can specify what exactly you want to delete.
Deleting cookies in Chrome:
Click on the icon with 3 dots at the top right. Click on "Settings" >”Privacy and Security” >”Delete browsing information”. In any case, make sure that "Delete cookies and other site and plug-in details" is ticked. You can also indicate how old the Cookies should be. Choose “All”.
Deleting cookies in Firefox:
Click on the icon with 3 lines at the top right. Go to "Options" > "Privacy and Security" and "Cookies and website data". Here you can specify what exactly you want to delete. In any case tick “Cookies”. You can also indicate how old the Cookies should be. Choose “All”.
Deleting cookies in Safari:
On the top left of the menu bar, click on "Safari" > "Preferences". At the top of the window, choose the tab “Privacy”. Then click on "Delete all Website Information".
Deleting cookies in Internet Explorer:
Click on the icon of a gear wheel at the top right. Go to the menu “Security” > "Delete Browsing History". Now you can specify what exactly you wish to delete. In any case, tick “Cookies and website data”. At the bottom of the window, click on "Delete".
Privacy and security
You share your personal data with us, because you have to if you want to order tickets. If you would like to know the reasons why we ask for your personal data and what we do with these we gladly inform you in the next paragraphs. If you have any questions after reading these, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
We save all data you share with us very securely with the latest techniques. Nobody can access your data without authorization. If we give your data to third parties – the reasons for this are explained below – we demand that this party handles your data as carefully as we do and only uses it for the purpose for which the party received it. If you feel like this isn't happening, please inform us.
We often use your data to guarantee the most personal experience possible. For example, we make one person happy with information about family performances and another with experimental movement theatre. For example, we use data from previous orders, your IP address and data from your browsing and search behaviour stored in cookies. Read more about this in our Cookie statement.
What do we do with your data
We use your data for different purposes. Below you can see for which purposes. We not only use data we received from you, but also data collected by ourselves; for example, details about your visit to our website. We do not use your data any longer than necessary and for no longer than four years after your last purchase. Your purchasing history etc. will then be preserved for among other things: (market) research, improvement of our service and accountability of subsidies in anonymised form.
For your order we need at least your name and email address (if you buy tickets without an account) and possibly your address (if you buy tickets with an account). With this information we can complete your reservation, send the tickets and keep you informed about your order. If necessary we also give your data to other parties, for instance, for the delivery of the seasonal brochure. In addition we may provide your data anonymously to external parties that carry out statistical research commissioned by us, the cultural sector or the government.
Do you want to buy tickets for a performance without an account and without providing data? You can do so at the counter of the box office. Please find the opening hours here.
In your account on our website we store the following information: your name, address, phone number, email address, delivery and payment details, and specified genre preferences and interests. This is very convenient, because you don't have to enter these data over and over again. We also keep information about your previous orders so you can easily retrace them.
You can call and e-mail us. In order to answer your questions quickly we use your data and take notes which we keep. This is convenient if you call us again. Information about the phone call may be registered. In this way you help us analyze and improve our services.
You can sign up for our various newsletters. This way you will stay up-to-date with our offers, promotions and our news. We have general and personal newsletters. We compose the personal newsletters based on your data, such as previous orders. That makes the newsletter more interesting for you. If you no longer wish to receive newsletters from us, you simply indicate this by clicking on the link at the bottom of a newsletter. You will continue to receive our newsletters until you opt-out.
If you enter a promotion or contest, we will ask for your name, address and email address. This allows us to carry out the promotion and announce the prize winner(s). We also measure the response to our advertising actions.
Our programming is so extensive that we gladly help you to get started. For example, by pointing out performances that are of interesting for you. This is done on the basis of your previous visits to our website. We will look at cookies and your IP address, but also at what you previously bought from us and your interests that we know because we asked you to share these with us. In addition, we and our advertising networks and media agencies can show you ads. This is done on the basis of your previous visits to our websites and third-party websites. We and our advertising networks and media agencies will then collect your browsing, search and buying behavior based on cookie techniques, your IP address, and the ad number associated with the device you're browsing with.
Business customers and partner program
We also store data from our business customers, partners and friends. If these are data from individuals, we treat these data just like those of our other customers.
If you use social media, such as Facebook, you can't log into our website with your social media account. We won't get access to your social media account, but articles you like, find useful or convenient you can share with your friends. If you have a question for us via social media and we notice that question, we'll keep that message and your account name so we can respond to your post.
What do we not do with your data?
We never sell your data to others.
Is your data incorrect or do you have any other questions?
If something is not correct or if you wish to check or have your details deleted, please contact us via email@example.com. We are ready to help you and answer your question as soon as possible and within 7 working days at the latest.
Can we adjust our privacy statement?
Yes, we can adjust this privacy statement to new developments or legislation. Therefore check this page regularly.